"We trained hard... but every time we were beginning to form up into teams, we would be reorganized.
I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet new situations by reorganizing... and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization."
(Gaius Petronius Arbiter, 65 AD)
- Exchange Management
- New Management initiate change by a reorganization
- Management hires consultants
- Consultants present new organization for Management
- For Management new organization means progress and efficiency
- For Consultants it means a fat bank account
- For the operation it means confusion, inefficiency and demoralization
- Go to 1
We do NOT believe in big reorganizations unless based on a paradigm shift such as new technologies!
Most companies are not helped by just creating new titles, new roles, new meeting forums and new processes.
Our belief is that to make an organization more efficient you need to understand what is happening today, what is done well and what can be improved
Develop the organization step by step...
Reorganize based on a paradigm shift/new technology